Re: WORKSHOP ON PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT, 28 – 29 NOVEMBER 2019, FRINGILLA LODGE, CHISAMBA
The Employment Code Act No. 3 of 2019 requires that An employer shall ensure that there exists in the undertaking an employment policy procedure , a health and wellness policy, harassment policy, performance management policy, an HIV and AIDS Policy, a grievance procedure and code of conduct. The Act further provides that an employer shall bring to the attention of each employee under the employer’s direction the policy.
In addition the Act has also included poor performance as one of the valid reasons for termination of employment relationship but this requires that the employee must be guided on his/her performance expectations/targets which the employer must assess in order to determine the performance of the employee.This process requires companies to formulate and effectively implement a sound performance Management system.
In view of the above, the Zambia Federation of Employers (ZFE) has lined up a number of workshops to be conducted in order to help employers formulate and effectively implement the said Human Resource work place policies in line with the Act.
The first workshop the ZFE will be conducting is therefore, on Performance Management from 28th to 29th November 2019 at Fringilla Lodge in Chisamba.
This workshop has been designed and will be delivered to enable would be participants effectively implement a Performance Management policy at their organisations and will deliver on the following components of performance management:
1. Performance and development planning – performance agreements which involves role defining, objective and target setting including Key Result Areas ((KRAs) or Key Performance Indicators ( KPIs) , performance improvements, personal development and the use of the Balanced Scorecard. .
2. Act : which involves carrying out the roles, implementing performance improvement plans and implementation of personal development plans.
3. Managing Performance through out the year : which involves monitoring performance, providing continuous feedback, providing coaching and dealing with under performance.
4. Review Performance : which involves dialogue and feedback, agreeing on strengths and any areas of improvement, building on strengths a company is particularly strong in by
An Affiliate to International Organisation of Employers and a Partner to the International Labour Organisation)
identifying ways on how the company can make even greater use of them and conducting review meeting.
5. Assessment methods : which involves rating that indicates the quality of performance or competence achieved or displayed by an employee by selecting the level on a scale that most closely corresponds with the view of the assessor on how well the individual has been doing.
6. Awarding Performance and compensation management : which involves motivating and retaining staff, attracting talent, incentivizing performance, image building and building reward valued behavior.
The Federation, therefore, wishes to invite your organization to nominate a participant/s to participate at this workshop. Click here to download the workshop documents.
Attached is a workshop profile and an application form which should be filled in and returned to the Secretariat on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE or BY Monday 18th November 2019. For more details please get in touch with Mildred Mukuma on 0211 295969 or Cell No. 0977825112.
ZAMBIA FEDERATION OF EMPLOYERS